SAFe 4.0 Being Retired on Oct. 31, 2018
When we announced that SAFe 4.5 was going live about a year ago, we mentioned that we would be retiring SAFe 4.0. This is in support of our policy of supporting prior versions of the Framework for one year following the introduction of a new version.
We are now beginning the retirement process for SAFe 4.0 with full retirement set for October 31, 2018. There are a few things that I want you to be aware of.
- After October 31st, you will only be able to license SAFe 4.5 Courseware. The retirement of 4.0 means that version of the courseware will not be supported and the only courseware that will be available for purchase will be SAFe 4.5.
- SAFe 4.0 Enablement plans will be removed from SPC/SPCT catalogs on October 31st and the SAFe 4.0 website will not be viewable after December 31, 2018.
- SAFe 4 Certification remains and is not being retired. People who have just taken the SAFe 4.0 Class will have 30 days to complete the 4.0 exam. The exam will not be available, even for a retake or an extension, after December 31st.
- Partners can continue to provide coaching support to customers applying 4.0 practices but Safe 4.0 training rosters cannot be uploaded after October 31st and 4.0 courseware will no longer be available.
- Enterprises can continue to apply 4.0 practices plus they have access to the 4.5 Courseware and Framework material which has additional updated guidance.
We’re very gratified that so many people and enterprises have gained so much value from SAFe 4.0 but, as many have discovered, SAFe 4.5 is leaner, more Agile, and more supportive of faster innovation and learning than any of its predecessors.
Stay SAFe –